Alpha Is A Zero Sum Game
Paul Black is Co-CEO and portfolio manager at WCM Investment Management, a $26 billion manager of global equities that he joined when it was a $200 million boutique in 1989. With so much of the institutional world, including my own training, focused on value investing, I was pleasantly surprised to…
Pete Sweeney hits the RISE tech conference in Hong Kong and hears pitches on vegan cryptocurrency, fog computing and big data for shrimp farmers. Trade tensions haven’t dented enthusiasm, but venture capitalists expect a correction to flush the dumb money from the market.
As chief economist at Salomon Brothers in the 1970s, Henry Kaufman was known as Dr. Doom for his gloomy prognostications about the economy and markets. Kaufman swung by Times Square to discuss the “Trump bump,” the Fed, Wall Street culture and lessons learned at Salomon and beyond.
GGV Capital’s Hans Tung and Zara Zhang interview George Yan (严治庆), the founder and CEO of Clobotics, (扩博智能). Founded in 2016, Clobotics is a computer vision startup that seeks to make traditional industries more intelligent. It is headquartered in Shanghai and Seattle with offices in Beijing, Dalian, and Singapore. It…
Latest Market News
- Inside ETFs 2019 Recap
- Asymmetrical Warfare And 4GW: How Militia Groups Are America’s Domestic Viet Cong
- Hating Neocons Is Becoming Mainstream Again, And It Is Excellent
Latest FinTwit Feed
- Meant Craft Hands doh https://t.co/HgpipintjQ
- Asymmetrical Warfare And 4GW: How Militia Groups Are America’s Domestic Viet Cong https://t.co/lStSph9wqs
- “We don’t know a millionth of one percent about anything.”
~Thomas A. Edison
- Cottena in West Village is 🔥 🔥 but NOT keto friendly. Heavy on the carbs.
- Lol https://t.co/wFczhgkhZV
Latest Stock News
- Amazon invites Ocasio-Cortez for tour, calls worker claims untrue
- REFILE-BRIEF-UPS Increases Quarterly Dividend By 5.5 Percent To $0.96 Per Share
- Fight over Amazon, Berkshire, JPMorgan health venture’s new hire can resume
- Citi U.S. economic index posts biggest weekly drop since 2011
- NASA mulls buying new rides to space from Russia amid programme delays
Latest Investment Podcasts
- Social Media, Innovation and eSports from the NBA Tech Summit in Charlottte, NC
- Fri. 02/15 – FTC To Fine Facebook?
- About that spending bill …
- E903: DeepMap CEO & Co-founder James Wu built the world’s greatest maps for Google, Apple & Baidu, now provides precision HD mapping technology & real-time data for autonomous vehicles // Office Hours with Jason! Balancing supply & demand
- Hot Take: Amazon HQ2 breaks up with NYC
For more: Latest Investment Podcasts